FELONY LAWYER IN PITTSBURGH
There are three different types of crimes in Pennsylvania: felonies, misdemeanors and summary offenses. Felony offenses are more serious than misdemeanor or summary offenses. If you are facing a felony charge in Pittsburgh or Western Pennsylvania, you should immediately contact a felony defense lawyer familiar with defending your particular charges.
WHAT ARE THE CLASSES OF FELONY CHARGES IN PA?
There are four types or classes of felony charges in Pennsylvania with differing penalties, including:
- First-degree felony: Up to 20 years in jail and a maximum fine of up to $25,000 in fines.
- Second-degree felony. Up to 10 years in jail and a maximum of up to $25,000 in fines.
- Third-degree felony. Up to 7 years in jail and a maximum of up to $15,000 in fines.
- Ungraded felony. Applies to Possession With Intent to Deliver cases, punishable by 3-15 years in jail and fines ranging from $10,000 to $250,000
WHAT ARE COMMON PENALTIES FOR FELONIES?
Felonies are the most serious types of charges for crimes in Pennsylvania, and there are many consequences that can apply to a felony conviction, which include:
- Jail time, with mandatory sentences for certain types of crimes
- Alternative housing or house arrest
- Probation for those with clean or minor criminal records
- Forfeiture of gun ownership rights
- Inability to vote
- Permanent criminal record without ability to expunge convictions
- Restitution, court costs and fines
- Mandatory drug and alcohol evaluation, treatment and screenings
- Possible eviction from housing
- No contact orders with individuals and businesses
WHEN CAN I BE CHARGED WITH A FELONY IN PA?
There are many types of charges classified as felonies in Pennsylvania, including:
- Aggravated Assault While DUI: Causing injury to others when drunk driving
- Possession With Intent to Deliver Drugs & Narcotics
- Aggravated Assault
- Theft (depending on value and items stolen)
- Retail Theft (depending on value of items stolen)
- Criminal Mischief (depending on amount of property damage)
- Sexual Assault
CALL THE FELONY DEFENSE LAWYERS OF THE ZUCKERMAN LAW FIRM
If you or a loved one are looking for a Felony attorney in Pittsburgh and Western Pennsylvania, call the Zuckerman Law Firm today for a free consultation at 412-447-5580.