COLLEGE STUDENT DEFENSE ATTORNEY IN PITTSBURGH
The city of Pittsburgh has some of the finest colleges and universities in the nation filled with gifted students who aspire to develop fulfilling professional careers. Attending college is typically the first point in a young adult’s life where they must balance their academic requirements while developing a social life.
While college is an opportunity for academic and personal growth, many students engage in binge drinking and the recreational use of marijuana and other drugs. Drugs and alcohol loosen inhibitions and cause well-adjusted college students to make poor choices.
A criminal conviction for any offense – ranging from summary offenses to felony offenses – can have serious consequences on your future. Employers and graduate school admissions departments can access your criminal record, which can result in fewer educational and career opportunities. These allegations could lead to your suspension or dismissal from college.
The most common charges for college students include:
- Underage Drinking Charges
- Disorderly Conduct
- Public Drunkenness
- Possession of a Fake ID
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Possession of a Small Amount of Marijuana
- Drug Possession including Cocaine, Heroin, Ecstasy and Prescription Medications
- Possession of Drugs With Intent to Deliver (Drug Dealing)
- Simple Assault, Aggravated Assault and Harassment charges for alcohol-fueled conflicts
- Sexual Assaults
- Traffic Tickets and Offenses
ZUCKERMAN LAW FIRM CAN HELP
When defending a high school, college or graduate student, it is important to hire an attorney who commands the respect of law enforcement and has the ability to reach across the aisle to obtain the best possible results. As a former Allegheny County District Attorney who has worked directly with university police officers, Attorney Zuckerman is the strong but sensible advocate you need on your side.
If retained, we will work to help you obtain results through access to diversionary programs, including:
- Case Withdrawal Agreement in return for completion of Community Service or a Drug and Alcohol Assessment
- Withdrawal of misdemeanor and felony offenses for plea to reduced summary offense (non-traffic ticket)
- Probation Without Verdict for drug offenses
- Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition for first-time offenders
Don’t let one bad choice define your future. If you are a college student or the parent or guardian of a student facing criminal charges, traffic citations or college disciplinary proceedings, immediately contact the Zuckerman Law Firm at 412-447-5580 for a free consultation. We take calls on weekends.